Installing a vinyl wood flooring at home is a great option, it is durable, long lasting, and easy to install and maintain. It is also an investment that is very cost-efficient in the long term.
Once the installation process is completed, it will feel like you have achieved a new upgrade. However, your journey to home improvement does not end there as maintaining its beautiful look should be a full-time commitment.
This helpful and easy to understand guide aims to assist you in doing so. Not only will it help you preserve its quality, but it will also aid you to make the cleaning and maintenance process effortless.
So how to clean and protect your vinyl wood flooring?
After Installation Cleaning
Cleaning is very important to keep your water-resistant luxury
Day to Day Cleaning Dos and Don’ts
- Use a well-rung wet mop or a clean cloth. Residential steam mops are allowed but use it at its lowest power.
- Do not leave the steam mop on one spot longer than 5 minutes as it may cause damage on the floor.
- For food stains from juice, chocolate, grease, and wine, use a non-abrasive cleaner and lukewarm water.
- For tough stains from nail polish, pen markers, crayons, lipstick, ink, tar, and cigarette burns, use a nail polish remover or
- Use a blunt plastic scraper to remove candle wax and chewing gum.
- Pet stains should be dealt with in a timely manner. If the floor is not cleaned within 24 hours, the stain may dull the finish.
- Never use floor scrubbers, rotating brushes, jet mops, etc.
- Refrain from using vacuums with
rotatingbeater bar, this can damage the floor surface.
- Avoid using aggressive cleaning products like abrasive cleaners, detergents, “mop and shine” floor products, etc.
- Allow the floor to dry after washing.
Protecting Your Floor
You should also invest in preventative care when considering how to clean vinyl flooring. Following these useful protection tips will make a difference in the life of your vinyl floor:
- Avoid using rolling casters as it can cause dents in your flooring. Consider adding felt pads under your furniture instead (e.g bottom of chairs and tables), regardless if it is being moved a lot or not. Using felt pads won’t harm your vinyl floor.
- When moving appliances or heavy equipment in your house, place a piece of plywood on the route you are going to take the item to. Doing this will prevent scuff marks in your vinyl floor and will make the move easier.
- Place a mat at your doorways, in order to keep out dirt, dust, sand and other elements from migrating into your house. Avoid using a protective mat with rubber as long-term contact with it can lead to stains in your floor, use a woven rug instead.
- Keep flammable items such as cigarettes and matches away from your vinyl wood floor.
- Observe proper grooming of pets. Keep in mind that furry friends might have sharp nails that can leave marks on the floor.
Following the above-mentioned cleaning and preventive care tips
Repairing a damaged board does not necessarily mean disassembling
Follow these tips to maintain the quality of your waterproof flooring. With a little effort, your flooring will be able to take years of wear and tear and still look presentable. FirmFit flooring’s commitment to quality products does not end after the purchase, helping our clients in terms of maintenance is also a top priority.
Should you need any additional information or product warranty concerns, you can reach out to us by filling up our contact form or through our social media accounts.